Well it was weird .. but positive .. I think .. but weird ..
Maybe the cardiologist was having one of those day .. do males get PMT?
He was talking to me as though I'd already had a conversation about C5 already, and like he was confirming with me what I had said ..
.. as I said weird ..
He said C5's "regurgitation" (blood flowing back through the valve when it shouldn't be) .. was going to be monitored .. (and that he'd look at the echo next appt .. I was thinking later so he hadn't even looked at it?) and that he will have to go on medication .. but he doesn't feel it needs it yet .. but it will be rechecked next year .. or if he starts to show clinical signs of deterioration .. wtf!!!
He then said to me so you'd like a Holter Monitor study done? .. and I said if you think it's a good idea .. and he went on to ask me why I thought he had an irregular heart beat .. and did I have monitoring equipment to show it, had I checked his heart rate to be concerned about it ...etc etc and all these other weird, off the tangent questions ..
I was like a goldfish .. opening my mouth .. and then burbled something out .. and then said that I wasn't overly worried about it because he had been OK in the past week or so .. and had started eating again .. and he said well it was obviously a bug .. and really just because he has curves in the ECG it won't manifest into irregular heart beats ... I was like again ..wtf ...
So anyway .. kinda confused .. well to be totally honest .. completely confused .. but in the end what I got out of it .. no visit for another year .. his valve is playing up but not enough for them to want to do anything about it .. and he may have a Holter Monitor study just to rule out an over anxious mum's worries .. but you know what ... at least I asked .. and if it's all good .. well that's even better .. my worries will be completely allayed then .. and I can get on with it ..
There were some positives I picked up, his heart size has reduced .. his growth is better .. and he is happy C5 is doing well at school. He said at the end he was happy that C5 had grown in to a happy strapping little boy .. and that clinically he looked fine, energetic and happy ..
I must say as an add on to this .. I think that if it had just been the card. and I in the room I think I would have coped/dealt/asked more questions but instead there were 5 doctors in the room .. .. and it was kind of intimidating .. and so I left flushed .. confused ... and kind of bewildered .. like deer in headlights .. and it annoyed me because I don't usually feel like such a complete idiot afterwards ..
Ahhh but at least it's over .. for another year
No comments:
Post a Comment