Slinking to my goal ...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New blog header ... and grandparents

OK - So I've finally got to get the blog header relatively on it's way to finished .. a lot of the images are from flickr that caught my attention ... they'll probably all change each month .. or week ... such that my moods change ..

The one of me .. I look like a ghoul .. lol .. very pasty .. and of course distorted by Photoshop using paint-brush strokes ...

Still waiting to hear any more about my Pop .. he is having tests ..the doctor said he has got signs of a chest infection and bronchitis too ...

He turned 85 last week .. and my Nana turns 85 next March ...

I think it sometimes makes it harder when your Grandparents get so ill when you are an adult too .. you've grown up with them being there .. and of course have developed strong relationships with them ..

Love you Pop and Nana ..

I also have both my Paternal Grandparents .. my grandad is 92 and my Nana is 85 ..

My fondest memory is snuggling up in Grandad's lap .. and feel so safe and happy and loved.

Also staying at my Nana and Pop's during the holidays and waking up to my Weetbix all set up on the table ... and warm milk being poured ready for me to start breakfast ... the memory still lingers and I can smell it now .. mmmm.

Funny thing is I don't particularly like Weetbix now .. but maybe it's because it's not made the same as Nana used to do!

DH's granny passed in Feb the year we were looking to start IVF .. we were really close .. and I still miss her! She was 92 ... and so very co-herent and very intelligent .. completing the cross-word every morning.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your pop :(

    I don't have any grandparents, and only ever knew one of them, they are very precious things, grandies!

    Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah ...

    Fingers crossed it is something minor that's caused it all and he gets back on track soon ..

    ReplyDelete