The boys school held their own "Olympics" at the TET Stadium, War Memorial Hall and then the TSB Pool.
There were about 15 countries (I think) .. M5 was in China, and C5 was in South Korea (well he thought it was the Hurricanes until I went through all the flags of the countries and he pointed it out)
So they had the opening ceremony.
The Olympic Flag and flame ------- the opening speech by the mayor
First up school aerobics
C5's first event - Happy Sack throws
M5's first event - Quoits
M5 at Happy Sack throwing
C5 at Quoits
Other events - parachute and volleyball (seniors only)
M5's medal for gymnastics - of course I missed it as was with C5 in the Bowls event - grrrr!
M5 at Indoor Hockey (he's very good! )
C5 at Parachute
C5s "girlfriend - Shiane (She-han') .. although he's going off her as he thinks she's getting a bit bossy - get used to it chuck - lol!
C5 getting his medal for Parachute
C5 playing indoor hockey
C5 (right at the end) - at gymnastics and circuit (he got a medal for this too)
The teachers playing the seniors at basket ball - while the other students had lunch
M5 and B5 (his "friend"), all 3 Puke gang mates, and C5 and A6
Relays at the hall .. Little Missy wanting to hog the camera !
It was a great day and the final event was going to the TSB Pool for a free-for-all swim .. The boys were soooo tried and had a crying-in-a-heap melt-down, not wanting to go for a swim, and then when I took them down to show them the smaller pool (they said they couldn't swim so they would drown - I think they thought there was only the big pool), then I couldn't get them out ..
They end of the day both boys were knackered .. not to mention C5 being blue ...
It was nice to be able to go and see them at school, as you kinda feel like they get swallowed in the school gates and "spat" out at the end of the day .. and unless you can pry some info out of them you don't have any ideas what is happening at school during the day ..
I didn't know this was even on until the notice came home the night before and I rang around to see what was happening .. the boys had mentioned something in the weekend (and M5 had a major meltdown saying the Olympics was on at school - which we now know was .. but not in the weekend) ... and were ready to go to the Olympics on Sat, and were kinds disappointed when I said it was in China and no we weren't packing our bags this minute and leaving to fly there.
No comments:
Post a Comment